Monday, October 6, 2008

The Yard - Part 2

My poor husband - maybe's he's getting too old for all this yard work! Last month we had curbing done. C. loved talking to the workers and making new friends. He has to go over and inspect the work and see how it's done. Of course, they all think it's cool he can speak Spanish to them. I like that because it's a motivation for him. Another group came 3 weeks ago to hydroseed. They said we'd be mowing in 3 weeks - not hardly, but there is grass growing.
















On the side of the house, we'll eventually have a cement driveway. The guys came to build the rock walls and grade everything out. Of course, they have to break the driveway in two places right before they're done. I HATE hiring things out!!!! They don't care - obviously, it's not their home. They put whatever rock in whatever place, when we'd rather they put some effort in finding a rock that really fits there.

3 comments:

Beth and Shilo said...

It is looking awesome. I bet you are so glad to have it done. I am super jealous!!

It is not looking so promising that we will have grass this year. Not unless we sod.

And be grateful your driveway is not as bad as what happened to ours. What a mess. Just add a new driveway to the cost of doing our yard.

I haven't seen you forever! Hope things are going well.

Doreen said...

It looks a lot different than it did this summer!

The Stradling 5 said...

Wow!! The yard looks FANTASTIC!
I'm so excited for you--and so ready to have something like that at our house. I hope you like it.