Tuesday, August 12, 2008

M.'s Birthday Party



Yes, if you know when her birthday is, it was in January. But the pictures are so cute I thought I'd blog them. Her birthday was an EXTREMELY last minute thing as January was a pretty bad month around here. I did a princess party. The girls came in their regular clothes, then I made them clean, like Cinderella. They loved this and all cleaned and giggled continuously, as I yelled, "Faster, This isn't clean enough!" Then there was a knock at the door and a messenger from the king brought news of a ball. They all knew what to do! They ran upstairs to put on their dresses. One by one they walked down the stairs as the "messenger" called, "Princess S. from Lehi" most of them took this in all seriousness which was absolutely adorable. Then, Ch. and C. , also dressed up, took them to the waiting room. Scot was at the house to help, but , of course, he was on call, had to work, and couldn't do much. So the boys helped me out. Ch. did the makeup station, and C. did their nails. Grandpa John made and cut out heart-shaped sandwiches. I made the cake and was VERY proud of myself! Of course, the "BIG" princess really enjoyed getting dressed up! That's the dress I wore for the 8th grade band banquet (FYI --in the pic I put a tank top on underneath). I'll have to try to find an old picture to scan. 8th grade was a bad year - bad hair, glasses, braces, ugh!!!
The princess dress that M. has on is a dress my mom bought in Nov. for her birthday in Jan. It was pretty special to have that to give her.

3 comments:

McKay and Jessica said...

That is such a cool idea for a girls birthday party! Now If I have any girls I want to do that. It looks like they had TONS of fun.

ha it took me a while but I finally got your blog. (I couldn't remember it after we left the family reunion)

Foodqueenja said...

They did have fun, and the great part is that so did I!

Doreen said...

Wow love the idea, I wonder if my teen girls would go for that! lol
I will be passing this idea on to other moms!